- Title: Prep Cook
- Position Type: Seasonal & Part-Time
- State/Providence: Montana
- Start Date: Mid-April through end of October
- Description: The prep cook (also known as a food preparation worker) is an individual who assists the chef in preparing the food, maintains the cooking environment clean and safe for all staff members and takes on culinary tasks as they arise. The job requires physical endurance as well as mental determination and involves working in stress conditions for most of the time. Also, the working schedule is quite hectic, requiring working in shifts, during holidays, nights and early mornings.
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to chef’s specifications;
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals;
- Cuts and portions different types of meat according to specifications;
- Prepares different types of food from the menu, following carefully the recipes;
- Makes stock soups to be used during cooking process;
- Prepares drinks and cocktails according to chef’s specifications;
- Portions the food and prepares the dishes for plating;
- Accepts or rejects ingredients from food suppliers, based on their appearance and quality;
- Keeps track of ingredient quantities and ensures there are always enough for the day/week;
- Stores ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved;
- Informs superiors when the ingredients stock is getting low or when the kitchen tools do not work properly;
- Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area;
- Sweeps and washes the kitchen floor before closing.
Sam Risho- Food and Beverage Manager
Office : 406 846-3474
Applicants may be tested for illegal drugs.