- Job Summary: The General Manager (GM) is responsible for all clubhouse operations and leads by ensuring all departments collaborate to provide the best member experience possible. This individual will be highly visible to the membership, lead a highly regarded team to keep an eye towards constant improvement. It is expected the GM will immerse themselves in all that is the Rock Creek Cattle Company and leave their fingerprint on all aspects of the organization. The GM is a driven professional and possesses the desire to improve what is already a great club while seeking knowledge, gaining experience and leading by example. They will oversee outdoor activities, housekeeping, maintenance, concierge, food & beverage, turf maintenance, golf operations, transportation, real estate and membership sales.
- Develop and mentor staff (both hourly and salaried team leaders) to improve the member experience, build the Club’s leaders of tomorrow, and make a positive impact on the lives of our team members.
- Promote a culture of “excellence,” leading a review of all processes and implementing positive change (for members or employees) where applicable.
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, hiring, training and supervision takes place for all team members while promoting a positive team environment.
- Work closely with the volunteer fire chief/department to ensure best practices are in place for the safety of our members, guests, staff and property.
- Work in conjunction with our accounting and finance team to prepare and manage annual budgets
- Work in close cooperation with all department managers daily to create the best member experience possible.
- Act as the “face of the Club,” always being friendly and accessible to those on property.
- Learn the “pulse” of the Club and plans events, service, and staff accordingly.
- Responsible for creating, organizing, and executing memorable Private & Club Events.
- Organize and implement a variety of tasks, procedures, and member activities; many simultaneously.
- Develop and propose creative events and/or solutions to create memorable experiences.
- Anticipate member and guest needs, acting promptly regardless of how busy things are.
- Responsible for managing the employee housing program which includes but is not limited to housing assignments, rental agreements, pet agreements, inspections, and evictions.
- Lead Committees as assigned.
- Lead, manage, and maintain financial controls for all clubhouse departments and outdoor activities which includes but is not limited to creating budgets, forecasts, and P&L’s as necessary; Analyzing and reviewing financials and data as necessary; monitoring labor costs and operating expenses.
- Conduct routine property walks and communicate with appropriate department heads of any sanitation, safety, or maintenance needs.
- Work closely with General Counsel to ensure safety, insurance, and other related items are handled in a timely and legal manner.
- Work with Human Resources to create and implement policies and procedures that foster a great and healthy work environment
- Address member and guest complaints and appropriate corrective actions to be taken.
- Routinely review processes, sourcing, and training to find efficiencies, savings, and member enhancements.
- Familiarize self with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce them.
- Actively participate in the Deer Lodge community which includes but is not limited to events, community meetings and boards of directors.
- Other duties as assigned by ownership
- Ability to work long and perhaps erratic hours which include 10+ hour shifts, split-shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills with ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills to tactfully and professionally interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and outside the organization.
- Must be able to influence others and build positive work environments and relationships through enthusiasm, sociability, supportiveness, insight, cooperation, and assertiveness.
- Must demonstrate ability to build trust and respect in order to motivate and inspire high performance from others.
- Must be able to think on their feet and quickly synthesize information using common sense and reasoning to analyze and resolve issues while including appropriate people in decision making process.
- Must be able to work independently as well as productively in a team setting.
- Must have ability to multitask, prioritize, and adapt to unforeseen priority changes.
- Must demonstrate self-reliance, stamina, and drive.
- Must have high levels of objectivity and emotional consistency with the ability to remain level-headed.
- Must strive to continuously build knowledge and leadership skills with an open mind to constructive feedback.
- Must commit to long hours of work when necessary and ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must have valid CPR/First Aid certification.
- Must have the ability to travel.
- Must have the ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Education and Experience:
- Must have 5 or more years work experience in a private club setting with a strong emphasis on Food and Beverage and Clubhouse operations.
- Four-year college degree in hospitality, business, or a related field preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Regular movement including but not limited to standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, crouching, bending, reaching, lifting, twisting, pulling, and carrying.
- Constant use of hands and fingers.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the property.
- Must be able to drive and operate a vehicle and golf cart.
- Must be able to exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and able to occasionally lift, carry, pull, or push up to 40 pounds and to use team lift on any object more than 50 pounds.
The employee is required to work in an environment that is fast paced, busy and has moderate to high noise levels. They occasionally work outside and are sometimes exposed to excessive cold/heat and unpredictable outside weather conditions. The employee is sometimes exposed to cleaning and other chemicals commonly used in the hospitality industry.
Please email your resume to Todd@rockcreekcattlecompany.com
Applicants may be tested for illegal drugs.